Olympic dream is real for management accountant
Jo Hunter, ACMA, CGMA, says there’s no reason to stop striving for goals even when faced with setbacks. And she should know, as she’s balancing a role as a finance manager part time while chasing a goal to represent Great Britain in the 2020 Olympics.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How Hunter discovered the “endless” opportunities of management accountancy.
- How her training and work schedule have sharpened her time management skills.
- Why playing hockey and being at work can each be “the best thing ever”.
- The values taught by playing team sports.
- How Hunter once reacted to losing a game of table tennis to her husband.
- The advice she gives about pursuing personal and career goals.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, an FM magazine senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.