Jo Hunter, ACMA, CGMA, says there’s no reason to stop striving for goals even when faced with setbacks. And she should know, as she’s balancing a role as a finance manager part time while chasing a goal to represent Great Britain in the 2020 Olympics.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How Hunter discovered the “endless” opportunities of management accountancy.
- How her training and work schedule have sharpened her time management skills.
- Why playing hockey and being at work can each be “the best thing ever”.
- The values taught by playing team sports.
- How Hunter once reacted to losing a game of table tennis to her husband.
- The advice she gives about pursuing personal and career goals.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, an FM magazine senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.