Some organisations are further along than others on the path to transforming their accounting function, but technology enables entities to catch up quickly. Donny Shimamoto, CPA/CITP, CGMA, the managing director of accounting firm Intraprise Techknowlogies LLC in the US, breaks down the stages and explains how finance can go from naysayer to gatekeeper and influencer.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The superpower that accountants possess.
- How accountants can use the superpower to drive business decisions.
- Where organisations are on the path to full transformation in finance.
- What role financial planning and analysis plays in the transformation.
- Why technological changes are not linear.
- How technology tools can boost an organisation’s ability to recruit talent.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, an FM magazine senior editor, at email@example.com.