How finance can drive the agenda
Mike Driver, FCMA, CGMA, is also a chartered public finance accountant. As head of the UK government’s finance function and CFO at the Ministry of Justice, his stated aim is to put finance at the heart of decision-making to “drive the agenda, not just keep the score”.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The near- and medium-term vision for UK government finance.
- The role of finance in restoring trust in government.
- How the effects of the Carillion collapse were mitigated.
- How CIMA and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) are working together.
- The role of knowledge sharing across sectors.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Oliver Rowe, an FM magazine senior editor, at Oliver.Rowe@aicpa-cima.com.