Mahatma Gandhi and Steve Jobs are often included on lists of history’s greatest leaders. But what about entertainer Madonna? Learn more about the traits that make a leader “legendary” in the eyes of Toronto-based management coach Mary Legakis Engel. This episode is the first of two parts.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The reason Mahatma Gandhi left his career as a lawyer (2:35).
- Why Mary Legakis Engel considers Madonna and Mr. Rogers legendary leaders (6:00).
- How leaders can put their foot down when necessary (10:34).
- The leadership traits of a “benevolent autocrat” (11:16).
- An explanation of three other leadership styles of behaviour (12:38).
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, an FM magazine senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.