Being the best version of ourselves is important to current and long-term success. Whether through fitness, family time, reading, or other pursuits, we should all make an investment in improving ourselves, says Nigel Franklyn, CPA, CGMA, a finance leader at Prudential. Hear more of Franklyn’s thoughts on how professionals can apply a “Me, Inc.” concept to their lives to be happy, healthy, and productive.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why a trip to Cambodia showed Franklyn the value of “living our best life now”.
- What Franklyn means by the phrase “motivation is fleeting”.
- The 40th birthday “gift” Franklyn gave himself.
- The reading list he recommends to his co-workers and direct reports.
- How simply taking a lunch break can help us be more productive.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, an FM magazine senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.