Managers help employees thrive by showing interest in them beyond how much they produce. A manager who takes the time to get to know staff members can make a difference in productivity, engagement, and the workers’ overall health. Elizabeth Pittelkow Kittner, CPA/CITP, CGMA, head of finance for the International Legal Technology Association, discusses how managers can be better and how organisations can better prepare their next-generation leaders.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How managers can learn from the exceptional and the less-than-exceptional ways they’ve been managed.
- The link between management style and worker stress.
- Why Pittelkow Kittner believes “nice people” have no barriers to being effective managers.
- How managers can use social media to promote their values.
- The importance of adapting management style to individual workers.
Play the episode below:
To comment on this podcast or to suggest an idea for another podcast, contact Neil Amato, an FM magazine senior editor, at Neil.Amato@aicpa-cima.com.